Password Manager - Use entry titles for the list of accounts

CrA
CrA

In the last couple of years, I asked for this feature several times, but nobody cared about this.

So here I come again.

I have, for example, multiple web accounts on a medical website, for each member of my family. A login name is a six-digit number. The password manager gives the possibility to have a title for each entry, but this title is not used anywhere.

I would like to have the option to see in the popup list of the accounts the titles and not the login names. It would be easier to use it this way because I cannot memorize all those numbers.

I hope other people will find this useful.

3 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Hello CrA and welcome to the Community!

If you are referring to the Wallet (which is currently displayed as Password Manager in the Bitdefender interface, but this terminology will soon be updated), there are no future plans of development for this module, as we have recently launched the new Password Manager as a standalone browser extension. The latest Password Manager is a multiplatform service that auto-saves, auto-fills, automatically generates, and manages your passwords for all websites and online services with the help of a single Master Password.

Password Manager comes as a browser extension for Windows and macOS. It supports Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari. Further upgrades for this service are planned to be implemented in the upcoming releases.

It’s also available as a mobile app for Android and iOS. You can find more information in the article below:

I take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• So I understand that the free Wallet will disappear, and BitDefender will give us the same thing with a different name but as a paid service, right? "Nice".

Are you guys aware that there are free applications to manage passwords?

• Hello @CrA,

It's true that no further developments are planned for the Wallet, as our resources are focused mainly on the newly launched Password Manager. The developers aim to further improve the standalone service by adding new functions and for the upcoming release, they have worked on visual adjustments, a new build with added languages, an improved import flow and the requested "Remember me" feature, that will solve the cumbersome login process.

Following the valuable feedback we received from the members of our community, the multiple users feature has also been approved and will make its way into the product as soon as possible.

The Wallet will not dissapear anytime soon and it's still included in the following security solutions: Antivirus Plus, Internet Security, Total Security and Family Pack.

Technically, the Wallet and Password Manager are not the same product. The main difference is the multiplatform password synchronization. Password Manager is a standalone software compatible with Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS, while the Wallet is a password manager module with basic functionality that comes with our paid security solutions Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, Bitdefender Internet Security, Bitdefender Total Security. The Wallet is available only on Windows and does not work on Mac, Android, or iOS devices.

Wallet integrates with the following Windows browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Bitdefender Safepay. Unlike Password Manager, the Wallet does not offer master password recovery options: if you forget your Master Password you lose all your passwords. Wallet functions are limited to autosave & autofill, auto-lock, and a password generator. You can import data from other password management applications only in .db and .csv format.

On the other hand, Password Manager works with Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari across Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. If you forget your master password, you can always reset it and regain access to your data. It has a plethora of bonus features that increase your privacy: autosave & autofill, password generator, password quality check, search & delete password duplicates, (un)hide passwords as you type them, security reports, password leak alert, secure notes, remote logout, biometric unlock on mobile devices. You can import data from other password management applications in multiple formats: csv, json, xml, txt, 1pif, fsk.

Also, the highest data security is assured through the latest, military standard, cryptographic algorithms – AES-256-CCM, SHA512, BCRYPT, HTTPS, and WSS protocols for data transmission.

Currently, the Password Manager is available as a seprate subscription from the antivirus, but it is also included in the Premium Security and Ultimate Security suites.

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user