Password Manager does not work - where to from here?

I have had a long term Bitdefender account and just purchased the Password Manager. I successfully activated it, and put in a Master Password that was accepted. A window briefly appeared with a reactivation code (in the event I lost the the password) and then disappeared!! I didn't even have time to write it, print it or anything! I then tried to enter the Master Password but each time the window drops out. I'm regretting this purchase. What is going on? Is it possible to delete everything and start again. I'm very concerned that I haven't got the reactivation code and have no obvious way of retrieving it.

Answers

• Hello @Crell and welcome to the Community!

Are you referring to the recovery key that was generated after saving the master password? This key is the only way to access your passwords saved in Password Manager, in case you forget the master password set in the previous step:

In the event the master password is not accepted and the recovery key is unavailable, the only way forward will be to reset the account. Kindly contact our Technical Support Teams by choosing one of the contact methods available at the following link:

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Your app is useless.

I eneer twelve new passwords in a row and can never get my Bell email to respond.

I have tried to change my password literally over a hundred times, and it never works.

Dozens and dozens of wasted hours and heartache.

• Hi @JohnCarrick,

I'm sorry to hear that. Surely, there has to be a way to make things work.

Maybe the engineers can help you with this one. As much as we would like, I don't think we can resolve this on the forum. My advice would be to get in touch with our Support teams for further assistance, if possible. You can use one of the contact channels available at the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user