Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Parental Control design flaws on Windows 10 -any improvement over last year?

Dear community,

I am using the BitDefender Family pack since 2020.

I had to stop using the Parental Control after some months due to its design flaws on Windows 10:

1. Parental Control can monitor only 1 user profile on computer (other profiles are not protected)
  2. Safe Pay browser could not be monitored/controlled by Parental Control and therefore it was used by kids for unlimited/unprotected browsing!!!

As my 3y contract with BitDefender expires on June 1st I would like to understand if the above issues have been fixed or not.

I mean I will continue with BitDefender as antivirus solution but why spending money on Parental control that is effective only on iOS/Android devices and not on Win10.

Many thanks!

Answers

• Hello @Smiro and welcome to the Community!

There are no notable changes in the Parental Control application. But you can create multiple child profiles in Central and assign different devices to them. More information is available in the article below:

The same device cannot be assigned to multiple child profiles, however.

The Parental Control features can’t be turned off unless the child has access to the Bitdefender Central account.

The application can be uninstalled from the device. However, you will receive a notification when it is uninstalled from the device.

The application’s permissions can also be removed from an Android device. I recommend that you use the App Lock feature to block the phone settings if this is the case.

In regards to Safepay, there is currently no workaround to disable or block the browser from the product settings.

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user