Parental reports empty

I have a paid subscription and parental controls provide no reports. Blocking seems to work on sites my kids need but not on site I don’t want them using. I have windows laptops, apple phones a macbook and chrome book. All parental control reports are empty. No website history, nothing. Does it actually work??

Comments

• Hello @Mformom,

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. The engineers will check if the child profiles are configured correctly and will also investigate the reporting side.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• In my experience the parental controls feature is 100% unreliable. It'll work for a few days, and then just be blank forever. I hope you didn't purchase BitDefender based on availability of this feature, like I did, because you are about to be very disappointed.

• Hello @ghindman,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Surely, we can get to the bottom of this and I'll do my best to help. Upon checking your account, I have noticed that you have also raised a ticket for our Technical Teams to investigate. It turns out that this is a known issue, where on any browser, if we click on the link to handle the application, there is an empty page being loaded. However, during testing, the engineers have learned that if the Bitdefender Central app for Android is being used, they were able to handle the authorizations for applications. It's an ongoing situation that has been reported by multiple users.

My recommendation would be to ask the engineers for an update on your inquiry.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I have the same problem with parental control. At first I thought it was my child who disabled it. Got it re installed but after a few days reports were blank. I really don't know what to do. Quite frustrated.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@Smakobu

Hello.

You should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Regards.