Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unsuccessful removing ZoomE.exe/ZoomX.exe (Gen:Variant.Bulz.923652) alleged crypto miner malware

Options

So far Bitdefender has been unsuccessful removing a threat that it identifies as Gen:Variant.Bulz.923652.

Something, somewhere, keeps creating two files, ZoomE.exe and ZoomX.exe, in D:\Temp and %USERPROFILE%\* on my system. Well, after installing and running BitDefender it seems they only appear in the former location (D:\Temp), but that could be wrong.

*Home folder is symlinked to D:\ (but my system is still on C:)

Reportedly this thing (ZoomeE.exe / ZoomX.exe) is a malware that's supposed to mine cryptocoins using my system resources. But I hardly notice anything, or nothing at all. It's just these pesky reappearing files that worries me! So far I've been unsuccessful removing the threat with BitDefender. Before plonking money on this program, I'd like to know if it can actually get rid of it. And if so, how?

FYI: I've done a system scan both normally and via the rescue/safe boot mode. I'm using the trial of BitDefender Total Security. I'm on Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1645).

Best Answer