Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How to turn off the port scan notifications with the protection stays on?

Options

Hi, i'm using the Bitdefender Total Security. It constantly promps the message saying the port was being scanned and the action was stopped. Any chance the msg prompts can be disabled but without deactivating the protection (keep running as background job or some kind)? The frequent message prompts has become a problem during online gaming. So far, i hv disabled the following functions but it seems no stoppin on the message prompts:

1. Protection>Firewall>Settings>Alert Mode
  2. Settings>General>Special Offers and Recommendation Notifications

Thanks

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @jc218 and welcome to the Community!

The Port scan protection detects and blocks attempts to find out which ports are open. Port scans are frequently used by hackers to find out which ports are open on your device. They might then break into your device if they find a less secure or vulnerable port.

Check the article below for steps on how to configure the Firewall settings according to your needs:

For gaming purposes, I recommend you to use the Game Profile. You can find out more information in the following article:

This way you will enjoy an uninterrupted gaming experience.

Let us know if the information was helpful.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hi,

While at work my laptop receives frequent port scan notifications. This doesn't happen at home. The problem with the notification is it interrupts the active screen. I'm not asking for details on the scans. I just want to know how to stop the notifications so I can do my work. I am not logged into anything different between work (using same apps as at home) and home. My question is can the notifications be turned off so it simply operates in the background.

• Hello @BWCBR and thanks for joining us here.

The only way to disable the port scan notifications would be to turn off port scan protection altogether using the firewall settings as shown below:

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user