stop resetting my update interval!

I'd like to keep my stuff as updated as possible, checking for updates every hour. So I set "Update check interval" to 1 hour.

But every week or two, I find that the setting has reverted to 8 hours. WTF, BitDefender? Do you support 1-hour update cycles or not? If you do, why do you keep changing the configuration that I set? It's my freakin' computer, stop messing with its settings.

Tagged:

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Hello.

Go to:

and see if any of these three options is turned on:

When Work profile is enabled, update check interval is automatically set to 8 (eight) hours.

When Movie profile is enabled, update check interval is automatically set to 8 (eight) hours.

When Game profile is enabled, update check interval is automatically set to 12 (twelve) hours.

When Public Wi-Fi profile is enabled, update check interval is automatically set to 1 (one) hour.

When Battery Mode profile is enabled, update check interval is automatically set to 1 (one) hour.

So, if Work or Movie profile is enabled, the update check interval is automatically set to 8 hours.

Even if you go to Settings -> Update and set the update check interval to 1 hour, it will revert back to 8 hours.

Since the installation of Bitdefender, as you can see in my settings, i don't have any profile activated (automatically or manually), my update check interval since then is set to 1 (one) hour and the update check interval has never been reseted to 8 or 12 hours.

Regards.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited May 2022

Which you can always confirm on your end by going into Utilities/Profile settings and disabling "Activate profiles automatically", then turn a profile on, then go into Settings/Update and you can see that the update interval has changed, in this case, Work Profile to 8 hours.

Edit:

For those of you who are new to Bitdefender, more information about Profiles may be found (Windows version) at the top of your BD console by clicking on the life preserver and going to page 155 of the Total Security guide.

All of the PDFs may be found here: https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/91225/download-all-users-guides-for-home-products-in-english-language-here

A list of the applied changes when using Profiles.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Very nice guys, great effort! I remember we encountered a similar topic in the past, where the automatic activation of the profiles or individual profile settings were reseting the update interval 🙂

Cheers

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user