How to stop loop between BD quarantaining files and OneDrive syncing them back onto my Laptop

Dear community,

After an unfortunate SSD crash and replacement, I had to reeinstall everything from Windows to all software and local documents and files. The last step was to instruct OneDrive to sync the Documents folder (containing several thousands of files) back from the cloud onto the local disk.

When OneDrive executed this, a few files containing malicious macro’s were intercepted by Bitdefender (in the Ondrive/temp files folder that contains typical system generated temp filenames) and quarantained/moved, promting another attempt by OneDrive to sync that file onto the local device (I assume this is where the temp filenames and hidden temp files folder in OneDrive play a role during the syncing process). This has been going on for 24hours now, which costs a lot of system resources and creates a continuous stream of BD alerts as BD finds a ‘new’ infected temp file every time OneDrive tries to sync the files again that BD then moves to quarantaine, which makes OneDrive start another attempt to synchronise, and so on and so on…

In theory, the solution would of course be to remove or quarantaine the few OneDrive source files which are infected. But I don’t know what files these are, as I have only a systems generated temp filename indicated by BitDef, with no resemblance to the original OneDrive filename.

Please help! What can I do to stop this endless loop?

Daniel

Answers