Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Threat warnings keep popping up

Options

Hello everyone,

I have a timemachine backup of my mac. In my mails I have spams with attached files with viruses.  Bitdefender has deleted al local viruses. But not in timemachine.

Now on daily base I get more then 50 threat warnings like this. It pops up voor 2-3 seconds and disappears. It is very frustrating, because while working it interrupts your workflow for the warning. Bitdefender just warns me, but does not delete them.

I can not delete manually, because I don’t know where to delete in the timemachine backup.

Bitdefender says it is not harmful to have viruses in backup because they will be deleted while restoring them. So i don't care for the viruses in the backup.

1) I have disabled scanning in backups, but still get this warnings

2) The viruses are not in quarantine so I can not delete them

3) The path does not exists.

external drive  Data/usr/ local/Quarantine  does not exist.

4) I have exluded timemachine root in the scanlist.

___

How can I solve this issue? It drives me crazy. 

Here is screenshot: https://drive.google.com/open?id=11ntFCWIvrV3a98sD6j3lYBudKMWv2vr0

TIA

Binh

Comments

• I am having the same problem as this user getting this notification from a Time Machine file. BD says I have a "Threat that requires removal." below:

Threat name: Trojan.GenericKD.61772210

Path: /Volumes/com.apple.TimeMachine.localsnapshots/Backups.backupdb/Peter’s MacBook Pro/2022-09-22-135900/Macintosh HD - Data/Users/Pete/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook 15 Profiles/Main Profile/Files/S0/2/Attachments/38202.docx

I can find the file in the Mac Finder, but I can't drag it to my trash bin or right-click it to move it to trash. I also get several hits a day about this same issue. How do I get rid of this file?

• Hello @Jazluvrfl and welcome to the Community!

Check the article below for detailed steps on how to fix this:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user