Goodbye

Hi,

I'm done with BD. I am a software developer and a gamer and BD has wasted days of my time.

I have logged many support requests and spent countless hours fighting with it, creating rules everywhere to try and fix things.

Some feed back:

1. Support is slow to respond and requires prodding before I get an answer.
  2. Creating rules sometimes works, only to not work the next day.
  3. Only way is to often uninstall BD or completely disable it to get things to work.
  4. Problems are across 3 different dev PC's and one gaming PC.
  5. Most of your support responses are useless, in that, I get a copy paste generic response. An example is I stated that I created av and firewall rules eveywhere and your response is a link to how to create a rule. Please don't insult me like this!
  6. Your popups are so annoying. One message is enough not 1 every 10 minutes telling me about your features and trying to upsell features when I already have. Your forum is full of complaints about this.
  7. I have none of these problems with Kaspersky or Eset.

Mark.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hello @Surfrat,

Thank you for your patience and for sharing your thoughts with us. I will address each point below:

1. Support is slow to respond and requires prodding before I get an answer. - The response timeframe for inquiries raised to the Support Teams may vary between 24 to 48 hours depending on several factors, such as the nature of the request, its complexity, the amount of incoming requests and backlog, available resources at any given time and of course, unforseeable events such as outages, known bugs, maintenance or any other infrastructure related actions.
    2. Creating rules sometimes works, only to not work the next day. - This requires a more detailed investigation by the engineers, to find out exactly how the rules are applied and if they are applied correctly.
    3. Only way is to often uninstall BD or completely disable it to get things to work. - The first step to take when dealing with this type of issue is to disable the security modules one by one, to identify which module is the culprit. This is a standard troubleshooting process.
    4. Problems are across 3 different dev PC's and one gaming PC. - I have passed this information to the engineers.
    5. Most of your support responses are useless, in that, I get a copy paste generic response. An example is I stated that I created av and firewall rules eveywhere and your response is a link to how to create a rule. Please don't insult me like this! - I apologize on behalf of my colleagues for this misunderstanding. Sometimes, when providing instructions, the steps are predefined in order to streamline the assistance offered and on many occasions, the instructions are taken from our knowledge base here. But such templates are only used when certain steps need to be applied. Most likely, due to a human error, you were given the wrong steps.
    6. Your popups are so annoying. One message is enough not 1 every 10 minutes telling me about your features and trying to upsell features when I already have. Your forum is full of complaints about this. - Kindly check the following thread on how to manage the notifications in Bitdefender: https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/92220/disabling-bitdefenders-optional-notifications-windows Please tell us more regarding the nature of the notifications, so that we can advise further. What is the message displayed in the notification? When does it appear? Is it a commercial or a marketing notification? Is it a vulnerability or a threat-related notification? Kindly elaborate.
    7. I have none of these problems with Kaspersky or Eset. - I cannot pronounce myself in regards to other antivirus providers, as I'm not using any of the competitor products.

Going forward with your request, I have left a note on the open case and asked our technical teams to prioritize your ticket. I have noticed one of our representatives replied to you recently. Once the case is resolved, you should also receive a survey, where you can share your experience with Bitdefender. Please take your time and complete this survery, as it will help our quality analysts and customer experience teams in their continuous quest to improve our products and services.

Kindly let us know the outcome.

Thank you for your patience and understanding and have a wonderful rest of the day.

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Feedback a month later:

Using Kaspersky and have not had a single issue.

Your rule engine is broken and does not work. Sadly this Forza Horizon 5 issue is still ongoing:

with no resolution.

There is clearly a problem with BD.

I will re-asses this when my BD subscription ends in 9 months time. I suppose expecting a refund would be out of the question.... BD does not work for me as a gamer and software developer.