My email is not working after installing Bitdefender Total Security

My email is not working after installing Bitdefender Total Security - doesn't work on my PC, it works only when VPN is enabled ( but that one is the free version with only 200mb). I've tried reinstalling the antivirus, the same.

Similar behavior when using wifi on my phone as well, can't receive nor sent emails. When using 3g provider internet, mail works fine.

The antivirus solution must've changed smth in the phone/pc settings, as even with the software uninstalled, these things are not working anymore. What to do ?

Answers

• Hello @ida and welcome to the Community!

If reinstalling the antivirus did not solve the issue, try to disable each security module one by one and check to see if the e-mail is working after each deactivation. This can help to identify the culprit. Remember to reactivate your defenses once the troubleshooting is done. You can find the detailed steps on how to do this in the article below:

I would also recommend to turn OFF Encrypted web scan (under Protection > Click the Settings button in the ONLINE THREAT PREVENTION module > Turn off Encrypted Web Scan and see if that makes any difference.

If the issue persists, kindly contact the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose the desired contact channel. I would recommend raising a ticket, as logs might be required from the device and this way you can also attach them, if requested by the engineers.

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I am also having the same Issue. I am not got proper solution. Did you get any solution?

• I've noticed that my email and other websites (but not all) were not working on all appliances in my home, not just those were Bitdefender was installed, so eventually I restarted my router and things started to work again after a while. I think the issue was related to DNS changes or something the VPN software changes, or maybe something on ISP side ( as when using the VPN or when going through 3G I was able to access my email ).

• Hello @ida,

Thank you for sharing the outcome with us. I'm glad to hear the situation was resolved.

Stay safe

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user