Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

As of late I get the following error message when browsing websites;

As of late I get the following error message when browsing websites; example: https://www.dha.gov.za/

{ we could not verify the certificate: reason = wrongHost }

I have done the following in Google: reset to default + deactivated extensions + etc.

nothing has helped.

Is this something to do with Bitdefender?

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hello @Caleb and welcome to the Community!

For the above website example, I get the following message:

In the event the page is trustworthy and should not be blocked due to certificate concerns, kindly get in touch with our Support Teams for further guidance, as recommended by mrmirakhur above.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

This is what i got:

So, the website is blocked by Google Chrome, NOT by Bitdefender.

Regards.

• There might be another possible scenario I can think of, after reading the notification from the screenshot above.

When it comes to untrusted or expired certificates, based on what I've seen so far, blocking can occasionally occur for regular and well known websites. It seems some of the reported websites have sub-domain URL used for their newsletter and promotional campaign or related pages, using a certificate with another name than the domain used by the main website. I'm not entirely sure if this is the case for the above website, however.

It seems it's a very common practice these days and this may also trigger an alert, technically speaking. The developers are actively investigating this matter, in the context of the "suspicious connection blocked" throttling mechanism as well.

Regards

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alexandru_BD

Don't know, man.

In my case, Bitdefender didn't show me any "Suspicious connection blocked" alert or any other alert of any kind when opened the website. Also, there is no notification alert in the Notification tab of the program.

Regards.

• THX - guys - your feedback is sincerely appreciated and your time spent.

• Not helpful. the only suggested answer is to contact support.

• Hello @TLastovka,

What exactly did you find unhelpful and what is your question? 🙂

In the event a solution is not found in the Community, usually more information is required for troubleshooting, such as logs coming from the product and in some cases, remote intervention must be carried. This will help the engineers obtain a better understanding of the context and the circumstances involved.

Such specific operations cannot be carried in the public forum, thus it is recommended to contact the Bitdefender Support Teams, for a detailed investigation. This leads back to my initial question, how can we help you?

Regards