New user here. How do I get Safepay to come up in its own tab and stay up? (Windows 10 and Firefox)

1a2way
edited August 2022 in Privacy

Best Answer

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

No problem @1a2way, I think I understand now. In Windows 10, in the search box start typing Safepay and it should bring up that window where you can pin it to your Taskbar.

Another way is to go into Program Files/Bitdefender/Bitdefender Security and look for the obk icon, right click it and create a desktop shortcut, rename it and drag it into your taskbar. That is what I did in Windows 11 to have a Safepay desktop shortcut. But that really isn't necessary when you can do the search in both Windows 10 & 11 and get the pop up window to pin it to the taskbar.

I hope I got it this time :) :)

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

Answers

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited August 2022

Hi @1a2way

Safepay can only be run in its own environment, apart from, isolated from Windows 10 and any installed browser used to access the internet. So it cannot come up in a Firefox tab. This keeps it safe from any browser add ons that could jeopardize Safepay's security, as well as the below mentioned features.

From this link.

Safepay offers the following features:

• It blocks access to your desktop and any attempt to take snapshots of your screen.

• It protects your secret passwords while browsing online with Password Manager.

• It comes with a virtual keyboard that makes it impossible for hackers to read your keystrokes when used.

• It is completely independent of your other browsers.

• It comes with a built-in VPN to be used when your computer is connected to unsecured Wi-Fi networks.

• It supports bookmarks and allows you to navigate between your favorite banking/shopping sites.

• It is not limited to banking. Any website can be opened in Bitdefender Safepay.

You can have Safepay prompt you to open when you type in a bank site in a normal browser, by going to the main Bitdefender Dashboard, and on the left side tick Privacy/Safepay settings/Settings, to enable any of the three options as desired.

I hope this helped to answer your question.

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Thanks Scott, that answers a lot. One thing I might not have worded clearly: I'd like Safepay to show up as a tab on my task bar, like other programs such as excel, email, word, etc. It was there at one time, but disappeared, and I'd like to have it back so I can click on it directly instead of having to go through the BD Security Center menu.

• Thanks Scott. Right on the dot. Appreciate the help.

• Fantastic @Scott, thank you so much for sharing this!

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user