Please stop the POP-UP AD for New Password Manager on Total Security

For your information, Bitdefender is now pushing a new version of password manager (as shown in the OP) that is a separate product from Total Security (may require separate subscription). What included in Total Security is the older Wallet function.

However, I do not need any Password manager. I also already turned off Special offers and Recommendations notification yet almost everyday the pop-up ad appears recently. I will switch back to Kaspersky if Bitdefender cannot stop the pop-up annoyances.

Comments

• Hello @stoppwdmgrads,

So if you click on "x" to close it, it doesn't go away or it's being displayed again?

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hi, so far the message appears for three times within a week and no longer appear again. I hope that no more of this pop up again after saw the response on another sub-category thread. (Sorry for posting in 3 sub-categories anyway because didn't realize that it takes time for mod to approve thread with attachments like picture as a new user)

• I second this complaint. As Windows users, we put up with enough distracting pop-ups from applications as well as websites wanting cookies, notifications, ads, etc. This kind of thing is especially bad for the elderly who are not computer savvy. All it takes to get them lost and confused is one pop-up that they do not recognize, and its another phone call to the computer guy.

On a side note, I read a post that claimed the following: Switch to a "Work" or "Gamng" profile under Utilities>Profiles and these pop ups should be disabled. Trying it now. Hopefully I will not see these pop-ups anymore.

Please, Bitdefender. You have such a great program otherwise. I switched from Norton and have never been happier. Let's work together to clean up and simplify the computing experience for everyone. A "Do Not Show Again" checkbox would work wonders here.

Thank You!

• Here we go again

This March I just switched from K* Russian to BD and not the first time it happen. I don't want going extend to switch back to K*

You promise to show only three times but what now? It comes again just now today.

• One more thing to post (I still cannot post screenshot right now)

The main UI also now with one more blue dot on the user account (besides support, minimize and close) and clicking on that, one more banner "We have a special offer for you Click Here!" Come on what it is for?

• I'm getting this as well.

Yet another persistent pop up you can't disable for paid customers.

Does anyone actually test these things?

Please stop sharing malware like this.

• FckUrPopUps
    edited August 2022

As per my name, please stop. had 6 times so far and with renewal just weeks away, making me want to run off elsehwere.

I never asked for these popups. F*, i even have them turned off like many others here. When will you all learn that this is NOT ok at all.

• Hi,

Can you tell us how many times have you received this pop-up notification so far and after dismissing it, how much time has passed before it was displayed again?

Cheers

• @stoppwdmgrads try to add a screenshot now. This could be indeed an offer and these can be turned off. But to advise accordingly, I need to see the banner.

Cheers

• Same here. I have my own password saving program - I do not need several reminders a day that you also have one. If this doesn't stop I will not be renewing my subscription when it runs out.

• I agree. I am a paying customer and I do not like this type of advertising. I have selected to shut off ads and pop-ups in the Bitdefender settings. This should not be happening. I selected this option for a reason. I do not want to see ads or popups for them!

Bitdefender shouldn't be programming an override in to their software to override a customers choice not to see this stuff. Like others have stated there is no way to even select for you to see this popup ever again.

Your response is "How many times have you seen it, and in what timeframe"? Sir, you miss the point. I should not have to remember or count how many times I have seen it, or in how many days. Why should a paying customer have to do that? I selected not to see these at all. You shouldn't be looking in to fixing how many times you are forcing your customers to see this, you should be looking for a way to honor your option in settings not to see this at all.

• I've been having pretty severe reservations about BitDefender's actions and activity on my computer. It nearly bricked my computer because I was using WSL and it thought it was an attack. The fact that this popup has been showing up repeatedly has only made it worse. The fact that this thread exists AND there's NO resolution to keep this popup from displaying is the final nail in the coffin. I'm uninstalling the application and terminating my subscription immediately.

• Once is too often but bearable - any more than that and you are the malware you claim to protect us against.

You finally gave an option to stop the stupid constant VPN Ad popups on a 20 character wifi password, now you start up with this BS.

Stop being Norton. I dont want 2 years of this BS, i had been rual running KAV and BD on different machines, recently switched all to BD due to international affairs but i cant see myself making the same decision in 2024 tbh, and my main machines might be goin back to KAV in the meantime at this rate.

I certainly will be going out of my way never to use your password manager, and recommending nobody i know/assist does, whatever happens

• Stop this. It is irritating and I will not renew if it persists.

• If anyone here has any connections with any websites or blogs that write articles or reviews for products or software (especially AntiVirus review sites), I suggest that we request them to publish an article about this issue. Perhaps even a negative recommendation/review as a follow-up if necessary. Consumers deserve to know what they're in for if they are shopping around or on the fence about Bitdefender. If Bitdefender decides to just try to silence us, sweep this under the rug, or drag their feet on this, a little negative PR should light the fire under them that they need to treat the user base's concerns with more urgency.

• I emailed support regarding this annoyance and their response is very unhelpful!

• Another paying customer here that is annoyed with pop ups from a program that I PAY MONEY FOR! If I have special offers and recommendations turned off I should never see something like this pop up on my computer screen. Is switching to another brand of antivirus the only way to get rid of this?

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Hello.

I just had a chat with Bitdefender Consumer Support about the Password Manager pop-up notification and here is the answer from Alberto M. (Support Agent):

"This notification was generated by a technical issue that will be fixed by Thursday 25th of August 2022."

Let's just hope on that day the issue with the notification will be really fixed for good.

Regards.

• Remove this feature

• Hi,

As I have noticed that you still have the product installed, kindly be advised that the latest update version 26.0.25.84 contains a fix for the Password Manager notifications, as this was an issue on our end. If your Bitdefender doesn’t have the same build number, keep in mind that product updates are rolling out gradually to all users and your PC may not have the live build just yet. Once the staged rollout update reaches 100%, it is automatically downloaded and installed. Then, Bitdefender will recommend a system restart to get the latest benefits included in the new version.

With the latest update, disabling the 'recommendations notifications' will ensure the Password Manager pop-up is no longer displayed.

I apologize to all users for the inconvenience created.

Regards

• I do not want your password manager. Owning your antivirus is not a license to continually annoy me with your advertising.

• I am using BiteDefenter, I get pop-up adverts for Password Manager and VPN every time I log in to both my machines, it is like a Virus. I already have suitable products installed from other suppliers. Very annoying so I will not be renewing because after 3 years just gets worse and worse.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@adrianmol

Hello.

Open your Bitdefender program and go to:

1. Settings -> General and disable "Special offers" and "Recommendation notifications" (for the "Password Manager" notification)

2. Protection -> Antivirus -> Settings -> Scan flash drives and select "Autoscan" or "Disabled", do not select "Ask every time" (for the "USB Immunizer Recommendation" notification)

3. Protection -> Antivirus -> Settings -> Scan CD & DVD and select "Autoscan" or "Disabled", do not select "Ask every time" (for the "CD/DVD Recommendation" notification)

4. Privacy -> Safepay -> Settings and disable "Safepay notifications"

5. Privacy -> Video & Audio Protection -> Settings and disable "Notify when allowed applications connect to the webcam", "Notify when an application tries to access the microphone" and "Notify when browsers access the microphone"

6. Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and disable "Activate profiles automatically" (for the Profile notification)

After doing that, in the future no pop-up notifications will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen.

REMEMBER: When a threat is detected, a pop-up notification will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen and you can't disable those pop-up notifications.

Next, as an option to fully disable the Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups, open your Bitdefender program, go to Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and enable/activate "Work Profile" or "Game Profile".

When "Work Profile" or "Game Profile" is enabled/activated, all Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups are disabled.

Finally, as for the Bitdefender VPN pop-ups, you can simply uninstall Bitdefender VPN from your device by following the steps provided here (just select "Bitdefender VPN"):

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2791/

or

open the Bitdefender VPN program, go to Settings -> Notifications and disable "Allow notifications".

It is recommended that you also review the privacy preferences set in your Bitdefender Central account:

1. On any internet-connected device launch a web browser, visit https://central.bitdefender.com and sign in to your Bitdefender Central account.

2. Click on your username in the top right corner and select "Bitdefender Account" in the menu. This option will launch in a new browser tab.

3. Access the "Data & Privacy" tab, then click on the "Privacy preferences" section.

4. Uncheck both boxes to stop promotional messages:

- Receive in product insights regarding threats, news, and offers.

- Receive insights regarding threats, news, and offers via email.

Regards.

• Hi,

Follow @Gjoksi's list to supress the in-product notifications and they will not bother you anymore. I think all security vendors will have similar notifications and ways to disable them, of course.