Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unsecured WIFI Warnings

I live remotely and have not secured my WIFI with a password. BitDefender, however, deluges me with warnings that my unsecured Wifi is a problem. This seems still to occur when I have the VPN enabled.

How do I turn off this warning?

Comments

• Hello @Bobcat1167 and welcome to the Community!

An unsecured Wi-Fi is indeed a security concern and this warning is triggered by the Wi-Fi Security Advisor. This analyzes how secure a wireless network is, and when necessary, it recommends you to use Bitdefender VPN. Bitdefender Wi-Fi Security Advisor monitors the following networks: Home Wi-Fi, Office Wi-Fi, Public Wi-Fi.

To turn on or off the Wi-Fi Security Advisor notifications, follow these steps:

1. Click Protection on the navigation menu on the Bitdefender interface.

2. In the Vulnerability panel, click Open.

3. Go to the Settings window and turn on or off the Wi-Fi Security Advisor switch.

You can find out more information about the Wi-Fi Security Advisor in the article below:

While connected to an unsecured or unsafe wireless network, the Public Wi-Fi profile is activated. It is recommended to secure the network using a password.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I get this too on my home wireless network. However it seems entirely wrong.

1. My home wireless network is protected by a password.

2. My home wireless network is using wpa2-psk[aes].

3. username and pw for router settings are not default.

4. remote admin is off.

5. ssid has been changed.

6. router firewall is on.

I mean, what is left and why is it still triggering that it is unsecured???

• Hello @adtastic and thanks for joining us here.

It's great that you've taken several security measures to protect your home wireless network. However, I think there are still a few possibilities that might trigger this alert or make Bitdefender think the Wi-Fi is unsecured.

First, ensure that Bitdefender is properly recognizing and associating with your Wi-Fi network. Then, make sure that your router's firmware is up-to-date. Verify that there are no open ports on your router that could be potential entry points for unauthorized access. Close any unnecessary open ports. If possible, also check the logs on your router for any unusual activities or attempts to access your network. This might provide insights into what Bitdefender is flagging. It's also important to verify that all devices connected to your Wi-Fi network are secure and not compromised. Malware or insecure devices can sometimes trigger false alerts.

I hope the information is helpful. In the event the root cause still cannot be identified, head to the link below to reach the Support teams for futher assistance:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Scroll down to state your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user