Data Breach

Jonathan212
edited September 2022 in Privacy

I have BD Total Security and I have not yet purchased the Digital Identity protection or password manager add-ons.

My dashboard indicates I have a data breach for one of my email accounts. I've checked various sources and am unable to find the breach. So, it keeps showing as "1" data breach.

Question: If not too personal, has anyone ever experienced more than 1 data breach. Is there a way to clear this "1". Or, does it remain for as long as the user has the license?

Also, is there a way to customize or configure the dashboard to get rid of the "data breach" and "password manager" sections. For me, they are taking up valuable and unnecessary real estate on my monitor. That is, allow a user to disable certain sections so they are hidden?

Thanks for reviewing and for your feedback.

Comments

• Hello @Jonathan212,

This feature is a new protection layer of the Central account. The registered e-mail address is being scanned to find out if it has been involved in data breaches or not. To find stolen data, Bitdefender scans the dark corners of the web using various methods. Once the data is found, we can alert the person about the breach even if the breach itself includes little or outdated information. If no information is found, the account is considered safe from this point of view. However, if at some point the e-mail address was leaked in a data breach, this raises a concern, since it's still in use and associated with a Central account and there's no way of telling how severe this breach might be or who got the data and for what purpose they intend to use it.

So basically, the antivirus performs this check and gives you the information it has found, raising a red flag free of charge. If you want to know more and take recommended actions to mitigate any risks, it will suggest the paid Digital Identity Protection service that offers so much more.

The Dashboard section displays the "Autopilot", highlighted in red. To offer you an effective operation and increased protection while carrying out different activities, Bitdefender Autopilot will act as your personal security advisor. Depending on the activity you perform, either you work, make online payments, watch movies, or play games Bitdefender Autopilot will come up with contextual recommendations based on your device usage and needs. The proposed recommendations may also be related to actions that you need to perform to keep your product working at its full capacity. The extend to which the Dasboard can be customized is limited to the quick actions that can be added using the option highlighted in green. Using quick actions you can quickly launch tasks that you consider important for keeping your system protected and running at optimal speed. By default, Bitdefender comes with some quick actions that can be replaced with the ones you know you mostly use.

The autopilot / recommendations section cannot be removed, as it is an integral part of the product.

If you have any questions, let us know.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user