Blocking Zoom links from Parental Controls when they are on the Safe List again

Bitdefender goes back and forth blocking sites on my daughters' computer. We have parental controls enabled, and have about half a dozen different Zoom links (from generic to very specific) that have all worked in the past to allow her to use Zoom, but it seems that every few weeks we have to get more and more specific with the link we want to allow. Yesterday, no matter what we tried, she could not get into her class. This is beyond frustrating. Why can't it work just like a Firewall Whitelist where I can put Zoom.com* and be done?

I have checked all of the firewall, exceptions, and ensured the latest version of Bitdefender is installed on her computer. I have a feeling an update is what caused this because it was working "ok" last week (required me to literally paste the specific zoom link when previously I didn't have to go that far).

Any clue as to what to try next?

Best Answer

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @FirstDude22,

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. The Support Teams will need to check how the Parental Control profile is configured and may also require logs from the machine. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user