Parental Control Service Crashing on Windows 10?

Hey all,

I'm new to Bitdefender, running a 30day trial to see if the software works for my family.

So far, I'm a bit disappointed - I have the software up and running on a test machine, but I'm having major problems with the parental control portion.

Specifically, the parental control service keeps terminating unexpectedly... it'll try to start 5 times and after the 5th attempt, it stops trying to start again.

Per support, i've uninstalled the parental control software, deleted the profile, rebooted the system, confirmed the software was gone, then created a new profile and re-deployed the software back to the PC... where it's doing the same thing again.

This is a test VM, newly spun up specifically to test this software out. I installed windows, updated it, then installed bitdefender. Originally testing with 4 CPU cores and 4GB RAM, but i bumped up the VM's specs to 8 cores 8GB RAM, but the symptoms persist.

Has anyone seen this before, and have a solution?

Support has been great, but like i mentioned above... i'm on a 30 day trial and since it takes a day or two between replies from support; I'd like to get this software working before my trial ends. :)

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Hello @UserZero and welcome to the Community!

Kindly be advised the engineers have recently replied on your open case with further instructions.

I hope the situation can be resolved in a timely manner.

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I just wanted to provide an update, in case anyone happens to have a solution....

I've now tested parental controls on FOUR additional machines, all physical boxes.

three of the four machines were clean windows installs.

The service is crashing on every device i've installed it on, except one. It worked on one of the clean installs for a day, but is no longer working, the service crashes shortly after being started.

• Hi @UserZero and thank you for the update. 🙏

I've checked how the support case unfolded and I can see that the ball is in our court. Let's keep an eye on the response from the engineers and see what their conclusion is. I think they need to take a look at the device where it's working as intended and find the differences between them first. Surely, they will find out what's causing the crash.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user