VPN error code 2
Bitdefender VPN has quit working on both of my computers on the very same day October 12, 2022. My phone and tablet are fine. Computers are running Windows 10 & 11. I've followed all of the steps with no good result. Is there a problem with the vpn servers or something like that?
What steps have you followed exactly? There are a few general causes for connection errors encountered by Bitdefender VPN:
- You are not connected to the Internet and can’t access the Internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable. Make sure you have Internet access before using Bitdefender VPN.
- A strictly configured firewall is preventing VPN connectivity (e.g. 3rd party firewall software, router’s built-in firewall). If you are not sure if your router comes with a dedicated firewall or how to turn it off please refer to its manual, contact the manufacturer or your ISP.
- Another VPN or Proxy is running when you try to connect. In this case, disable the other VPN/Proxy solution.
- You’re on a public Wi-Fi such as work, school, airport, etc. which may have blocked the ports required by Bitdefender VPN. You need to contact the network administrator to try and change their firewall settings.
- The port used for the VPN connection is closed. Depending on the device you’re currently using, the port 443 UDP must be open.
Check the below article for detailed troubleshooting steps to follow:
In the event the issue persists afterwards, kindly get in touch with our technical support teams by using the link below:
Let us know how it goes.
Thank you for your reply. I have tried all of the remedies including uninstall/reinstall with no luck on either computer. The VPN error code showed up on both of my windows devices at the same time, which I find very strange. The VPN was working correctly on both of my computers just hours before the error code.0
In that case, you should contact Bitdefender Customer Support, as suggested by @Alexandru_BD.
But, before contacting them, you could do the following steps:
Take screenshot(s) of the issue,
create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:
create a connectivity log file, by following these steps:
After doing that, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:
After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.
Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step and then wait for a reply by the Support team.
Have you tried connecting to multiple servers as well?0
anche io ho lo stesso problema la VPN non funziona più mi dice codice errore 20
Contatta l'assistenza clienti di Bitdefender:
chat: English 24/7
tel.: Italia (+39) 0699 268 342 (Italiano - dal Lunedi al Venerdi, orario d'ufficio 09.00 - 18.00)
NOTA: L'assistenza telefonica di Bitdefender non e gratuita!