Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Abnormally high cpu usage

Options

I know it's been mentioned in the forums for quite some time now and I heard that the issue was fixed through several update, but it doesn't seem to be the case. This wasn't the first instance where I had very high CPU usage at the worst possible time. Is there an updated news regarding why this happens every now and then? I get how it may be a good sign that the antivirus program is working but this is hindering me from my own work.

the whole incident happened in this sequence:

earlier I installed a program for my mouse (glorious core) and noticed that my computer was lagging.

the program installed successfully without bitdefender flagging the installation whatsoever until I double checked my task manager and noticed the very high cpu usage for bitdefender.

I restarted my computer and it seems to have fixed the issue until it the cpu usage skyrocketed again and it took about 30-45 minutes before it calmed down to low

% after gradually decreasing from 95%

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Eron and welcome to the Community!

While this behaviour was previously reported by multiple users both in this forum and also to the Support Teams, the developers have addressed the cpu usage via an automated update. However, should you encounter this issue on your devices, it will be necessary for the engineers to have a look at the machine and view the logs to advise accordingly. I would recommend contacting the Support Teams for a more detailed investigation, as we won't be able to find the root cause on the forum. You can get in touch with the technical representatives by choosing one of the contact channels available at the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Let us know how it goes and if possible, kindly share your findings with the community, so we can help other members that may encounter this scenario in the future.

Thank you and best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user