Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security Wallet Issues On Windows 10

Options
Greypony20
edited October 2022 in Privacy

I am in my 30 day free trial of Internet Security and am struggling with Password Manager. I know its not the full blown Password Manager that can be bought separately or as a component of the more expensive offerings. I have had a few 'Chats' and a call this morning but I still have problems.

The most fundamental is that it does not always auto-populate my user id and password for site already stored in the vault. Not remote sites, but Smile Amazon and icloud are two examples.

It doesn't always save the details when I use a website new to My Wallet, sometimes it does. I have now selected the option so it asks before it saves details so I know exactly when it is working correctly.

I have yet to see whether it offers my stored credit cards, the info I was given on a chat, the call, and the user guide are all conflicting.

Is anyone using this part of the Internet Security offering sucessfully?

Can anyone suggest better products that are not too expensive?

I am resisting renewing my Kaspersky Total Security & Password Manager Subscription, but its a great cost effective toolset and Bitdefender gets such good reviews I thought it would be a good product.

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Bitdefender's focus now is on the Password Manager, not on the Wallet module in their home products and i guess sooner or later they will discontinue the Wallet module and the extension for all browsers.

Also, i think that they don't release fixes for the known issues in the Wallet module, including your issue.

@Alexandru_BD Am i right?

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Greypony20,

I have located your inquiries with our Support Teams and noticed the engineers referred to this article:

Please disregard the instructions for the standalone Password Manager, as I believe there was a confusion of terms. The Wallet is the password manager included by default in your trial and also in the Bitdefender paid subscription. So, the instructions for the Wallet apply here.

If you login on a website, but the credentials are not automatically saved by the Wallet, or if you manually saved the credentials in the Wallet, but they are not automatically filled in, try the following:

Check if the browser you are using is supported. Currently, only these four web browsers are officially supported by Bitdefender Wallet:

• Internet Explorer

Mozilla Firefox

Google Chrome

Safepay

If you are using another browser, the wallet will not work.

If the browser is supported, maybe the master password is required and was not previously entered. Try the following:

1. Go to Privacy

2. Click on Password Manager ->Settings

3. Select your Wallet

4. Click Open and enter your master password when prompted

If doesn't solve the issue, check the following:

1. Go to Privacy

2. Click on the Settings button in the Wallet module

3. Go to the Settings tab

4. In front of the browser on which the autofill/auto-save doesn't work, set the switch to ON.

If the issue still persists, open up the browser with autosave/autofill issues, go to Extensions / Add-ons section and enable the Wallet extension if it's disabled.

If the behavior does not change after following the above instructions, kindly follow up with our Support engineers by replying to the open case and wait for their reply.

Let us know how it goes.

@Gjoksi the Wallet is here to stay for now. There are no plans to discontinue it, but if anything changes, we'll be the first to know.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• reactor
    Options

Hallo Greypony20,

I've also dropped Kaspersky and I am on my free trial of Bitdefender Internet Security. The Wallet doesn't work for me as well. There are a lot of issues. It is very disappointing. The only reason I've tried the Wallet was the fact that there is no option to integrate standalone PM with SafePay. In Kaspersky it is possible to use any password manager when using a browser in Safe Money mode.

If you are unhappy only with the Wallet you can consider Bitwarden as a password manager. The free plan in Bitwarden is very good and the premium plan costs only $10 a year. In this scenario you have to manually copy and paste credentials from Bitwarden when using SafePay.

I'm also considering Norton because I can use my standalone PM or their PM (which is good). This is a solution only for one year because from the second year they are expensive.

Regards

• Greypony20
    Options

@reactor thanks. I actually got a fab offer for Total Security and upgraded. This all works much better but not as good as Kaspersky. I'll use this for 1 year and see how it goes

• reactor
    Options

@ Greypony20 I'm glad that you've discontinued your Kaspersky subscription. How do you plan to manage your passwords?

• Greypony20
    Options

I had done everything in line with that support article already so it didn't helo

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

I understand and I'm sorry to hear that. My advice would be to wait for further instructions, as the Support engineers will reply on your open case shortly and maybe they can even schedule a remote session to get to the bottom of this.

Best regards and fingers crossed for a swift resolution.

Cheers

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I have cancelled my Password Manager subscription as it had too many issues. I had done multiple CSV loads to try and fix my data which had caused multiple entries - that was my fault. There is no bulk deletion facility so they cleared down my account, I reisntalled the extension and then couldn't load a CSV at all. After 4 days I gave up. I now have 'LogMeOnce' which is free (you can upgrade for more functionality which I don't need. The CSV load worked first time and its working fine on the majority of the websites I have tried out. I have only had to had 1 'Chat' and my problem was easily resolved. If I decide I don't like it I can export to a CSV and try something else. There is no limit to the number of passwords it can hold but the free version only works on one device. I can live with that, I tend not to need passowrds for the sites I use on my phone or only have to put the passowrd in once.