Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is it possible to exclude a VM from protection?

Options

For work I routinely use a VM for malware analysis and phishing investigations. BitDefender did its job today by blocking a website that was trying to transmit credentials unencrypted. However, using fake credentials, I wanted that to happen so that I could see the destination URL in my phishing research. I was able to exclude that notification which allowed it to run, but that would also leave my host operating system unprotected for that particular website. Is it possible to exclude my VM from any of the protections offered by bitdefender running on my home desktop? I always launch the VM from a clean good snapshot prior to any investigation, and then revert to that snapshot when I'm finished. So, I am not really worried about anything that may end up infecting that VM.

As a follow-up question, in order to complete my investigation I had to exclude the alert that was blocking the traffic on my VM. Is it possible to remove that exclusion so that my host computer is not susceptible to that same URL?

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Seeker6,

As far as I know, the VM cannot be excluded from the antivirus protection. In regards to the follow up question, there is a delete button for exclusions, but I'm not sure I understand the context.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user