Any Advice For Best Set-Up For Bitdefender BOX 2 In My Home Configuration?

Guy Fawkes
edited November 2022 in Bitdefender Box

I currently have Cox Cable 1G service, using their Technicolor 4331cgm router/modem, to which I have my box connected from their LAN to Box2 WAN, which is then connected to my NetGear JGS524E monitored switch. I have 32 various IoT, PC's, Mac, iPhones, iPad, and whatnot connected through both the switch or Box WiFi. I have VLANs set up in the switch which separate out the IoT from my computers, and one to isolate cellular items. They can't talk to each other through rules and blocks I set up.

Anyway, I'm wondering if it would be better to set up the router/modem in bridge mode which would shut off it's current wifi that I use as a back-up because, honestly the box wifi is painfully slow. I max out at 600 or so while the Cox unit in wifi6 (not even 6E) gets up to 1200, and my ethernet is running at 940.

I also use Surfshark VPN for most everything routed to connect, including Plex etc but that's a whole other port forwarding nightmare. Anyway, best set up for Box 2 recommendations would be helpful.

Tagged:

Answers