"wscript.exe" Still Blocked After Added To Exception List. Any Advice?

Dear All,

Before asking here I have checked previous similar issues and the solution doesn't fully work.

I have a logon ****** that configures the network drives and other resources (for a wstation part of AD). However, even after adding wscript.exe process to the exception list, BD is blocking it, as per the following messages:

"Advanced Threat Control has blocked a process that has been detected as malicious. Process path: C:\Windows\System32\wscript.exe. Threat name: ATC.SuspiciousBehavior.9810910D5E7A6B5C" (at 13.54)

After the message, I have deleted the line from the exception list and add-it again. Sign out and then sign in and it worked.

But, at the restart, at 13.59, again, it was blocked:

"Advanced Threat Control has blocked a process that has been detected as malicious. Process path: C:\Windows\System32\wscript.exe. Threat name: ATC.SuspiciousBehavior.9810910D138A87B6".

The logon.vbs ****** is the same, no modification. I don't know why it is detecting a different threat. Why after altering the exception list with exact the same process, it does allow it's run, and after restart it doesn't.

Thank you very much for your help into this.

Best Answer

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Only the malware researchers at Bitdefender Lab can help you with the issue, so do the steps below.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

and

create a log file on your Windows device using BDsysLog, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.