Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Disabled ReimagePlus Application. What Should I Do?

Anyone out there experiencing a situation that the latest Bitdefender update has quarantined your Reimage application? Then when you go to allow the application Bitdefender disables the Reimage application so that it is unusable and non-installable.

Hugh

Best Answers

Answers

• subject: Reimage Disabled by Bitdefender

Contacted customer support. They recommended that I reinstall Reimage and allow all executable files and their folders. BUT first I have to disable Bitdefender, then do the install cause you cannot download the install file.

I find it interesting that Bitdefender caused the problem with the last update, and it now becomes my problem to fix. I'm trying to run a business not a computer software shop. Colossal waste of my time. Not happy at all

• Bitdefender now considers WRONGLY the "ReImage Repair" as malware and you should do some honest research.

I use it without problems since nearly 10 years but only now there is a conflict with Bitdefender.

See link hereunder

Is Reimage Safe? Here’s An Honest Opinion - The Freeman Online

I reinstalled Bitdefender but I had NO TIME to go to "Protection / Antivirus / Settings / Manage Exceptions" 

Indeed from the moment Bitdefender was activated it moved IMMEDIATELY the "ReImage Repair" to Quarantine ...and when I tried to stop or reverse the process in the Quarantine Folder it was already irreversibly deleted.

I am angry

• Hello @Pui1962,

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Your inquiry should be addressed by the malware engineers.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I don't care anymore. I canceled Bitdefender as this was a problem created by Bitdefender and as such should have provided a fix and not require me to fix their problem for them. Went with another national service AND guess what? their Antivirus does not interfere with ReimagePlus operation. I hate it when a supplier expects a customer to fix a problem that was created by the supplier. I haven't heard a word from them. Customer no service.

• @zapper I regret to hear this. If the antivirus sometimes interferes with other programs and compatibility issues arise, there are of course ways to fix them, but if this cannot be achieved by following the basic troubleshooting steps available, usually it requires a more experienced eye and an in-depth investigation of the machine. And we have the experienced engineers that can do just that, it's just that in some cases, more time is needed to fix things. It's also not uncommon to encounter compatibility issues between an antivirus and another program, so this is just something to bear in mind. Yes, you may find that other products work fine alongside various programs, while others may require a bit of fiddling, but I guess it really depends on the antivirus structure and engine.

In regards to your Customer Service inquiry, kindly be advised that, the engineers replied to you on December 3rd, asking for more information and a screenshot, but haven't heard from you since.

Should you reconsider Bitdefender in the near future, we'll be more than happy to help you here.

No matter what your antivirus of choice is, stay safe.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user