Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Stops All Programs When Cisco VPN In Use. Any Thoughts?

Options

I use a Cisco VPN for business support and when that is in use then all other programs accessing the net are frozen. As soon as I switch off of the Cisco VPN, everything starts working again.

This has only happened since moving from Kaspersky to BitDefender.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @SandyYoung,

I don't have much insight on how Cisco VPN works in conjuction with Bitdefender, but the antivirus also has a basic VPN included by default, so I'm thinking there could be a conflict there. Try to uninstall the Bitdefender VPN first and see if this solves the issue. If not, you can disable the security modules in Bitdefender one by one and test the programs to see if they run after each deactivation. Make sure to re-enable your defenses once troubleshooting is done. This may help identify the culprit and you cand find the steps to do this in the article below:

If we can find out what part of Bitdefender is preventing the programs from running, we can advise accordingly.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user