Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BD Total Security: Internet Speed Reduced To 1/3 And Bdservicehost Uses 100% Of My Disk. Any Help?

Options

I have Bitdefender total security running in a windows 10 x 64 and a router with 1Gbs bandwidth but it only reaches aprox. 400mbs. After running all tests and verifying all connections and seeing that it only happened in my computer, I disabled Bitdefender and restarted windows in safe mode and got 980 mbs. Restarted again normally and got 430 mbs.

I have reviewed all settings; everything seems normal. Is there something I can do?

Bitdefender is also slowing terribly my computer as Bdservicehost is running all the time and uses 100% of my disk during an enormous amount of time making everything get paralysed (I have the last release 26.0.32.109)

Thanks.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

-- STEP 1 --

Repair Bitdefender, by following these steps:

-- STEP 2 --

If the instructions from Step 1 didn't help, uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

It will completely remove the program.

Also, after the uninstallation is done, for removing the leftovers from Bitdefender, you could scan your PC for junk files and registry issues, and then clean/delete them, by using any optimization tool, like CCleaner, Glary Utilities etc.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been solved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issues.

-- STEP 3 --

If the instructions from Step 2 didn't help, i think that the best option for you is to contact Bitdefender Consumer Support, as the support engineers could take a deeper look at the issue, so do the steps below.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

and

create a connectivity log file, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• TereBS
    Options

Thank you for your help. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still have the same problem. Will uninstall completely (step 2) tomorrow and keep you posted

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @TereBS,

You can also check the troubleshooting steps from this article and see if they help:

@camarie any ideas on this?

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options

@Alexandru_BD It depends on which bdservicehost is causing this (if this is the cause). Need to look on task manager for the command line and see if it is the one ending with bdshieldsrv_config.json or the one ending with bdauxsrv_config.json.

Also, from task manager => Open Resource Monitor => Disk and sorting descending on Read (or Total) might indicate exactly which process is consuming this much. I understand the prime candidate is bdservicehost.exe, but maybe there are others as well.

Is this happening all the time, or is it just at a certain period, on startup, after one hour or something like this?

• TereBS
    Options

@camarie It's Bdservicehost.exe and Bitdefender virus shield and it happens mainly (but not only) at startup and takes a lot of time. This only happens in a very less important way with wds updates.

I have the same computer (and nothing new)for 2,5 years and bitdefender forever and this only began to happen a few months ago

• TereBS
    Options

@Alexandru_BD

I checked your 5 suggestions for slow internet but none of them applies. As I said above and it applies to my bandwidth beeing reduced too, the computer is the same, it is healthy (no viruses) not fragmented, same system requirements, same programs, no other antivirus.

I will have to uninstall completely or else contact support but right now I can't afford to waste the time it takes. When I do, I'll keep you posted. Thank you very much for your time.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @TereBS,

If none of the above suggestions are helpful, then it's a task for the Support engineers to tackle, as more information from the machine might be required to troubleshoot this.

I'm curious, do you also have the Early boot scan option enabled? Not sure if this makes a difference though, but if it's ON, try to disable it and see how the device performs at startup afterwards:

Should you wish to get in touch with our Support teams for further investigation, you can use the link below to choose your desired contact channel:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user