Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BD Total Security: Do I Have To Pay After The Free Trial Expires And Does It Automatically Renew?

Options
Xua
Xua
edited December 2022 in Central & Subscriptions

Hello.

Do I have to pay after the free trial of Bitdefender Total Security expires?

And does it automatically renew?

Kind regards.

Best Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello.

Taken from here:

"If You are a trial or beta user, You may use Bitdefender Solution for evaluation or testing purposes in a non-production environment for thirty (30) days from the date You download Bitdefender Solution (the "Trial Period")."

"Your right to use Bitdefender Solution ends when the Trial Period ends or if You violate any term of this Agreement. Upon termination of the Trial Period, You must delete or destroy all copies of Bitdefender Solution and Documentation and stop using the Service. Your obligations and rights under this Agreement will continue to apply after the end of the Trial Period."

It means that when the trial period will expire, the Bitdefender Total Security solution doesn't goes straight to basic protection, but it simply stops working and therefore it claims that your device is not protected. If you wanna keep using the Bitdefender Total Security solution, you must buy it.

Or you can simply uninstall Bitdefender Total Security and install the Bitdefender Free solution, which gives basic protection.

Keep this in mind:

• Your subscription automatically begins at the purchase date and
    • By subscribing, you are purchasing a recurring subscription which will automatically renew.

You can stop the auto-renewal for the Bitdefender subscription, by following these steps:

Just follow the steps as described in Method 1, because some users in the past reported that the steps from Method 2 didn't stop the auto-renewal.

Also, from my personal experience, Method 1 did/does the job.

Finally, you can stop the auto-renewal for the Bitdefender subscription by contacting Customer Support at:

cancel@bitdefender.com

Regards.

• Gjoksi
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello again.

It usually takes 3 - 5 business days (Monday - Friday) for an answer.

But, you can PM @Alexandru_BD (who works for Bitdefender) with your ticket number and ask him to set your ticket to high priority.

Kind regards.

Answers

• Xua
    Xua
    edited December 2022
    Options

Thank you very much! How long does it take to receive an answer if you contact Customer Support?

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited December 2022
    Options

Hello @Xua,

Your request has reached our Commercial representatives and you will receive a response in the shortest time possible. Kindly be advised that, the usual response timeframe may vary between 24 to 48hrs, depending on the workload and business days. Please note that, the automatic renewal feature can also be disabled using the methods described by @Gjoksi above.

Later edit: on a similar topic, you can also check this thread:

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Xua
    Options

Hello again, just so we are on the same page, if I let say delete my Central account, will Bitdefender still charge me money?

Thanks alot!

• Gjoksi
    Options

Hello again.

Nope, Bitdefender will not charge you money.

You will be charged ONLY if you decide to buy/purchase a Bitdefender Total Security subscription.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Xua,

Charges can occur only if you have subscribed to a Bitdefender product or service and the automatic renewal feature is kept enabled for the upcoming billing cycles.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user