Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Since Installing BD Internet Security Recently, Thunderbird Stopped Connecting. Any Suggestions?

Since installing Bitdefender recently (last week) Thunderbird loads but won't Get Messages or Send.

A pop-up message says :

Server XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX has disconnected. The server may have gone down or there may be a network problem.

Webmail shows the server IS up - and therefore that the server is NOT down.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Best Answer

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello.

I think that the best option for you is to contact Bitdefender Consumer Support, as the support engineers could take a deeper look at the issue, so do the steps below.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

and

create a connectivity log file, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Do you somehow have installed and running Bitdefender VPN on your device?

Also, more information is needed: which OS are you using, which Bitdefender home product are you using etc.

Regards.

• Hello

Thank you for your reply.

VPN is not installed.

It's on Windows 10.

Bitdefender Internet Security - is the only information I can give for the product.

Unfortunately electric power is off now cannot look for other details.

• Hello again

Thank you very much for the information, your suggested pathway and stepped outline.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Goodbye......

• I have chased the solution to this issue for quite a few hours reading not only Gjoksi reply above but a bunch of others too.

Its frustrating that I had to do this : given the reputation Bitdefender has stuff like this should not happen.

The solution came a few minutes ago - and - came from a posting about an unrelated issue ALL TOGETHER.

It began to look to me like my problem related to scanning SSL (intrinsically on the Thunderbird settings side).

Look at this Community posting and you will find in the responses notes about changing Thunderbird security settings.

In my version of TBird the route is similar but the wording is subtly different:

Settings -> Account Settings -> Serverj Settings -> Security Settings (select : STARTTTLS).

Who knows why this solved the issue I described (and some other members as well) above - but it has.....

Thanks @Gjoksi I didn't have to use the process you outlined after all - just by luck I reached the above solution [must be because its the last day of 2022].

😁