Apple Mail content is blank for 20-30 minutes

iMac with Monterey

For quite some time I have been having issues with Apple Mail.

First, I constantly have to use the "rebuild mailbox" feature as message titles, senders, and content were frequently mismatched.

Now, when a message arrives, it will appear in the preview pane but when the email is selected the header is correct in the email but the body is blank. If you leave this email selected the body will suddenly appear after 20-30 minutes.

I run Bitdefender (as well as CleanMyMac) on both my iMac and Macbook Air. For some reason the Air doesn't have this issue.

Apple "support" has blamed this on "outside non-Apple Apps-they specifically point to Bitdefender and CleanMyMac as well as others and they suggest "these apps should be deleted and simply to rely on the Apple software. Yeah, that's not happening. Bitdefender has saved my bacon too many times.

I'm asking CleanMyMac about this as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Generate bitdefender BDProfiler log for macOS: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1863/

Share the logs & your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hello @Varktamer37,

It's a tricky one and I don't think the antivirus is the culprit, but in order to be sure, you can uninstall Bitdefender and see if the e-mails load normally. If the problem disappears after uninstalling, then you know for sure that something within the antivirus is causing this and you can reach the Technical Teams to share your findings and request further assistance.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user