BD Antivirus For Mac Detected "Trojan.GenericKD.64232637". How Do I Get More Info?

Noticed that BitDefender blocked a Trojan.GenericKD.64232637 twice yesterday on my Mac, but I was just browsing what I thought was a trusted website when this happened yesterday. Both are shown at the same time. Also, I was not aware of anything being downloaded at the time.

Is there anywhere I could find more info on where this could have come from, whether it's a false positive or what the file actually was?

EDIT: I figured out the site (it's a wordpress theme preview site). When you go on it, a pop up gets blocked by Chrome then those two files in the chrome cache get blocked by bitdefender again. Checked it with Virustotal and only bitdefender picks it up as malware. Whom can I contact to look more into this? I don't want to post the link here.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Only the malware researchers at Bitdefender Labs can help you with the issue.

You should report the file(s) and/or the URL(s) as false positive to Bitdefender Labs here:

You could also do the steps below.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your MacOS device using BDProfiler, by following these steps:

and

create a log file on your MacOS device using BDsysLog, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.