BitDefender Blocking Part of Sandboxie

I recently received help from the Sandboxie forum on how to address a DNS issue between it and MS Edge. The solution was creating a reg file in a folder, that Sandboxie triggers each time Edge loads to disable a policy. But...

Any time I loaded Firefox or Chrome, I got an warning from BitDefender saying it blocked a malicious command line error (which is the Sandboxie reg fix). And it's obviously not malicious.

I was able to fix this by just adding regedit.exe itself as the exclusion (in C:/Windows). But now I'm worried I've created too big a security hole. Is it dangerous adding regedit itself to the exceptions list? I'm not able to add the reg file itself, as that does not stop the error.

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, you can also share your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Thanks, but I could have done that already. And that's a rabbit hole I'd rather not go down.

Would much prefer to hear from the forum users that have experience with similar issues, and just hear their expertise.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited February 2023

Hello @bitbytes and welcome to the Community!

I think this is one of those scenarios that cannot find resolution on the forum, as more information might be required for troubleshooting. It's true that nothing beats user experience, but here we would need to find out what's wrong with that s.c.r.i.p.t. and remove it from detection and we won't be able to do this on the forum, hence the recommendation to get in touch with one of the Support engineers to have a look at the specifics.

Chat will be the fastest option to contact them, but rest assured you are in good hands with our Support Teams on all available channels. Click on the link below to choose the desired contact channel and please do let us know how it goes:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user