Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Blocking Dropbox. Any Suggestions?

Options

Hi

I have Bitdefender on my system, but this morning, went to download photos from Dropbox, but I am blocked from doing so.

I have seen previous questions on this topic, but there is all talk about safe files etc etc all of which is above my head! I have checked the app, but cannot see anything that might get me to safe files etc etc

Could someone please give me a quick, basic, guide to how to solve this problem?!!

Many Thanks

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @HelenaC and welcome to the Community!

As a first step, turn off the Bitdefender Firewall and see if the download is allowed afterwards. Bring up Bitdefender and go to Protection -> Firewall and toggle the blue switch OFF. If the download doesn't start, disable the Online Threat Prevention module as well and retry. Go to Protection -> Online Threat Prevention and disable Web Protection.

NOTE: do this only if you are certain the files you are downloading are clean. Make sure to reactivate your defenses once troubleshooting is done.

If this doesn't work, try to set an exception for OTP by following the steps from this article:

Consider adding a firewall rule as well, if the issue persists:

In the event you are still unable to use Dropbox after applying the above steps, I would recommend you to contact our Support engineers, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this behaviour.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user