Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How to handle the automatic scan of PCloud Drive

Options

Hi there,

Each time at startup my PCloud Cloud Storage Software mounts the Cloud under the Disk P:/ which gets automatically scanned from bitdefender.

As this can take about an hour to complete and slows down my ressources by a lot I wanted to ask how do you guys handle this efficiently? I currently need to abort the scan manually everytime I start my computer and have to do the three clicks required by hand each time.

thanks for your ideas and your help,

Chris

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @crj_39 and welcome to the Community!

Try the following:

1. Open the Bitdefender app installed on your device

2. Click on Protection from the left side

3. Click on Open from the Antivirus feature

4. Click on Settings Tab. There you should see "Scan mapped network drives" and from the drop-down menu to the right you can select the option to "Disable", "Autoscan" or "Ask every time" depending on your needs. As a side note, in the same Settings tab you have the option to scan flash drives and CD & DVD, you can change the options there as well in case you don't want Bitdefender to scan those automatically.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• mpmahen
    Options

I have exactly the same issue and the sugested fixes don't work. It is really annoying!

Everytime it sees it as a new device and start scanning!

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@mpmahen

Hello.

You should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• I got Bitdefender to stop scanning pcloud drive after a reboot by setting both "Scan CD & DVD" and "Scan flash drives" to disable. Not sure which setting did it, but mission accomplished.

• Hello, same issue for me but change parameters (disable "Scan flash drives") didn't solved it! When I restart my computer, « Scan flash drives » is able again ! I have a ticket with Bitdefender support.

• Yes, I thought I had a workaround, but the settings to disable both "Scan CD & DVD" and "Scan flash drives" reset back to the default, and so the problem is not solved. I'm interested in the results of your ticket with Bitdefender support.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This bug has been reported and is under investigation. See this topic:

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I have the same issue... had to uninstall Bitdefender!

Saw this issue is present since 2021 but since now no solutions was found.

Bad.