Remote system scan?

Just what does the remote system scan do? And how long should it take. It's been about three hours now, and the only feedback I have gotten so far is "Processing your command ..." and a little spinning icon. Is anything actually going on?

Comments

• Guilhermesene
    Guilhermesene Defender of the month ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

Hi @Coulda,

Welcome to the Bitdefender community!

Well, the remote scanning provided by Bitdefender from within the Bitdefender Central works as long as the product that will be scanned is connected to the Internet and it is associated with its Bitdefender Central account.

When the device to be scanned is without an active internet connection, the scan is "scheduled" until there is some internet connection to the device to be scanned.

Verify that the device you want to scan has an active Internet connection and/or that the device is actually registered in your Bitdefender Central account.

I recommend you take a look at this support topic.

Take care,

Stay safe

• Thanks. Bitdefender tells me that I must have an active internet connection in order for remote scan to work. My internet connection has been in place this entire time. The process as apparently been running for yet another hour but there still is not evidence of anything being done. Is anything really happening? How long is this supposed to take? What kind of report does this eventually provide?

• Guilhermesene
    Guilhermesene Defender of the month ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

Hi @Coulda,

Let's go in parts:

1st - Is anything really happening?

=> Did you check if the internet connection is really active?

=> Did you check if the device you want to scan is actually associated with your Bitdefender Central account?

=> If yes, have you tried restarting the device?

=> Have you tried removing the device from your Bitdefender Central Bitdefender account and adding it again?

=> Is this device a mobile device or a desktop device?

See, these are some questions that can help you find the solution to your problem.

2nd - How long is this supposed to take?

This depends on how many files there are on your device and how much processor/memory it has, the more, the faster the scan will be.

3rd - What kind of report does this eventually provide?

Well, the result of a remote scan is information regarding the health of the device, such as the amount of files scanned, if anything malicious was detected, if the malicious files were removed, among other information.

If you are not successful please contact Bitdefender support as they can provide you with help. You can find their contact details on this page:

You can also take a look at this page:

Take care,

Stay safe

• Wow. Condescension isn't really what I was looking for. Ah, well.

And as far as staying safe? I'm starting to think I'm on my own.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, you can also share your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hello @Coulda,

In regards to your question here - "And as far as staying safe? I'm starting to think I'm on my own." could you please elaborate, I'm not sure I understand your question. What do you require exactly and what is the safety concern?

Concerning @Guilhermesene's comment, I must say I don't find anything condescending about it. I personally appreciate that he took the time to reply and tried to help you out as best he could. And this involves asking questions sometimes. Keep in mind that this is a forum after all and our members are contributing at their discretion, on their own time.

Since you have already raised a ticket for the Support Team, the engineers will be able to provide a more technical oriented response to your inquiry. My personal recommendation would be to remove the respective device from Central, then add it again and also to switch the account in the Bitdefender product on that device and re-enter the account credentials for synchronization. If you need help with this, let us know.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user