Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Reveal in Finder

Hi all, first post. I occasionally find that my Antivirus (v9.3.0.12) cannot remove a threat and asks me to do it manually. In the online help it says

The scan log indicates there are still unresolved items. How do I remove them?

The unresolved items in the scan log may be:● restricted access archives (xar, rar, etc.)

Solution: Use the Reveal in Finder option to find the file and delete it manually. Make sure to empty the Trash.

But I can't see anyway to either select the object in the list (it's greyed out) or a menu or other option to Reveal it.

Help appreciated!

Comments

• Hi @DonFernando,

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I don't think we're able to resolve this on the forum, unfortunately.. I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can create a debug log on your Mac using Bitdefender Profiler and send it to the engineers for diagnosis:

Going forward, you can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact channels available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thank you! Thinking again I did have a bit of a realisation. Here it is. The problem was that I couldn't work out how the folder pathway given by the notification could be found ... then I remembered there are hidden folders! Lo and behold, by revealing the hidden Library folder, the Mail pathway and endless subfolders listed by BitDefender was revealed. And the offending .xls has vanished! I'll try this again next time I get a manual removal notification, but I think what happens is I go straight to the spam folder of Mail and delete everything there, then delete it from the Mail trash, and I'm assuming this is why the .xls in the notification is no longer there.

Thanks again, will confirm this next chance I get. Actually, will also take you up on your suggestion as well because if there is an easier way to do it, I'm in - the other way is a fuss!

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

In addition to what @Alexandru_BD already said, you should also create a log file on your MacOS device using BDsysLog, by following these steps:

and then contact Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Regards.

• Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user