Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender and OpenCore Patcher

Options

Hi,

I use an old 2014 Intel-based Mac with MacOS Ventura. To make this possible, I use OpenCore Patcher. But BitDefender cannot even complete a system scan on this system. Is OpenCore Patcher the culprit?

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @itContinues,

I don't think this scenario was ever tested, so I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required for diagnosis. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact channels available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Grinna
    Options

I have the same problem, Just renewed my annual subscription and upgraded to the new IOS using the Open Core patcher. every thing runs like a dream "EXEPT Bitdefender" it wont upgrade latest definitions or will not run a scan either system or Quick scan when you click on scan it just locks. Obviously not Bitdefenders problem because im using a 2013 i'mac . just disappointed that Bit Defender wont work and i may have to change to a different anti Virus after using Bit defender for years. I will hang off a few weeks to see if there is a work around before i change.

any ideas, let me know.

• Well, I haven't come to it yet, but I'm considering doing what Alexandru suggested. As I have no clue what is happening and cannot fix it. However OpenCore obviously opens up some possibly problematic things to make MacOS Ventura work. Would be awesome if BitDefender would secure it a bit.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

That makes two of us. I can't tell you what's happening there, but I think the engineers might be able to shed some light on this..

Thanks

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• GAMitchell
    Options

Hi moving to a different anti-virus won't help as the problem is with the program and not Bitdefender.

I understand from Bitdefender that they are working on this problem. I suggest you hang fire!

• Hi

same problem ... MacPro 2010, oclp 0.6.8, MacOS 13.5 (no problem with oclp 0.6.5 and MacOs 13.3.1)

wait and hope (or downgrade - reinstall - etc.)