Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Advertisement popups completely bypass all notification settings, despite settings, spec

Options
Account1449
edited July 2023 in Privacy

Hello,

I am receiving popups from BitDefender about using new features, profile management, etc. These notifications are very intrusive and, despite changing my settings to disable such settings, still pop up on a regular basis. Such notifications include content about using new profile features, data breaches, but I do not need any of these features and I am not involved in any of the data breaches. Even the "data breach" alerts redirect back to BitDefender's website to force you to get their Dark Web monitoring service.

All of these notifications that I have been receiving bypass default Bitdefender settings, which is very shady considering that they redirect back to their own products. After doing some in-depth research, I have found out that this issue has existed for well over 6 years and Bitdefender has taken no action to implement any features to disable such adverts. 

This shows that BitDefender is not a service to protect your computer, but to forcefully integrate it with the rest of BitDefender's features while being tied in to all of their expensive products. And Bitdefender support is just, based on my own and other's experience, pretty unhelpful.

However, I have found a solution to this problem, that works most effectively to remove you from Bitdefender's integration.

- 1: Go to the search bar

- 2: Type "Programs and settings"

- 3: To "Apps", there will be a search bar with "Search Apps"

- 4 Type in 'BitDefender'

5 : Press the three horizontal bars next to the app

6: Press "Uninstall".

A issue that Bitdefender deliberately ignores and that you have a very slim chance of them fixing it has been resolved. Bitdefender clearly shows no respect towards its users as a protection service, but a platform to forcefully integrate your workspace into. Even the website still shows "2022 Bitdefender".

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Open your Bitdefender program and go to:

1. Settings -> General and disable "Special offers" and "Recommendation notifications" (for the "Password Manager" notification)

2. Protection -> Antivirus -> Settings -> Scan flash drives and select "Autoscan" or "Disabled", do not select "Ask every time" (for the "USB Immunizer Recommendation" notification)

3. Protection -> Antivirus -> Settings -> Scan CD & DVD and select "Autoscan" or "Disabled", do not select "Ask every time" (for the "CD/DVD Recommendation" notification)

4. Privacy -> Safepay -> Settings and disable "Safepay notifications"

5. Privacy -> Video & Audio Protection -> Settings and disable "Notify when allowed applications connect to the webcam", "Notify when an application tries to access the microphone" and "Notify when browsers access the microphone"

6. Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and disable "Activate profiles automatically" (for the Profile notification)

After doing that, in the future no pop-up notifications will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen.

REMEMBER: When a threat is detected, a pop-up notification will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen and you can't disable those pop-up notifications.

Next, as an option to fully disable the Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups, open your Bitdefender program, go to Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and enable/activate "Work Profile" or "Game Profile".

When "Work Profile" or "Game Profile" is enabled/activated, all Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups are disabled.

Finally, as for the Bitdefender VPN pop-ups, you can simply uninstall Bitdefender VPN from your device by following the steps provided here (just select "Bitdefender VPN"):

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2791/

or

open the Bitdefender VPN program, go to Settings -> Notifications and disable "Allow notifications".

It is recommended that you also review the privacy preferences set in your Bitdefender Central account:

1. On any internet-connected device launch a web browser, visit https://central.bitdefender.com�and sign in to your Bitdefender Central account.

2. Click on your username in the top right corner and select "Bitdefender Account" in the menu. This option will launch in a new browser tab.

3. Access the "Data & Privacy" tab, then click on the "Privacy preferences" section.

4. Uncheck both boxes to stop promotional messages:

- Receive in product insights regarding threats, news, and offers.

- Receive insights regarding threats, news, and offers via email.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Account1449,

The notification displayed in your screenshot comes from the Wi-Fi Security Advisor, a Bitdefender feature that analyzes how secure a wireless network is, and when necessary, it recommends you to use Bitdefender VPN.

The standard VPN version is included by default in your Bitdefender product on Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS. It offers 200 MB daily traffic per device and automatically connects you to the optimal server, without having the possibility to change it. The notification recommends to use the already included VPN and this way you can benefit from all the features included in your Bitdefender subscription.

Should you reconsider Bitdefender, in the event this recommendation is not useful to you, these pop-ups can be disabled.

To turn on or off the Wi-Fi Security Advisor notifications, do the following:

1. Click Protection on the navigation menu on the Bitdefender interface.

2. In the Vulnerability pane, click Open.

3. Go to the Settings window and turn on or off the Wi-Fi Security Advisor switch.

Furthermore, you can also configure your networks by following the instructions from the below article:

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user