Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why do i get a security warning when logging in tot new ISP Router?

Options

I recently moved from KPN to T-Mobile as a fiber serviceprovider. Everything works fine but if i want to log in to my new router (zyxel) i get a security warning mentioning the site is not safe.

I never had this with my previous provider (KPN experiabox v12).

Should i be worried or just ignore? Ignoring security warnings is not my natural behaviour ;)

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

You should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• ejdb
    ejdb ✭✭
    Options

Why is that? Can i not ask these kind of questions here?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @ejdb,

Of course you can post here anytime, but we would require at least a screenshot of the notification displayed, to find out what security module is triggering it. I suspect it's the Wi-fi security advisor, or perhaps Online Threat Prevention, but I can't advise until I see the pop up. The Support teams can help if a solution can't be found on the forum.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

In your case, the security warning from Bitdefender is likely due to a known security vulnerability in Zyxel routers. This vulnerability was patched in 2022, but it is possible that your router is still running an older firmware version that is not patched.

If you are concerned about the security of your router, I would recommend checking the firmware version and updating it to the latest version if necessary. You can find the firmware version on the Zyxel website.

Once your router is running the latest firmware, you should no longer get a security warning from Bitdefender. However, it is still a good idea to change the default password for your router and enable strong security settings.

Here are some additional tips for securing your Zyxel router:

1) Enable WPA2 encryption for your Wi-Fi network.

2) Change the default username and password for your router.

3) Create a strong password for your router.

4) Enable the firewall on your router.

5) Do not open ports on your router unless you need to.

6) Keep your router's firmware up to date.

7) By following these tips, you can help to protect your Zyxel router from attack.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)