Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How to prevent BD from setting some of my Startup apps to "Off"?

Options

I have Win 11, Dell XPS 17, BD 27.0.16.86

Many of my apps are set to run at Windows startup.

Many of these apps don't start. When I look in Settings > Apps > Startup, I see that many apps are set to "Off".

I turn on the required apps, then restart laptop.

Same again. Some apps don't start, because they have again been set to "Off". I'm assuming that BD has been altering Startup settings.

I would be grateful for any assistance.

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

To be honest, i highly doubt that Bitdefender is causing the issue with the startup apps.

In my case, i use Glary Utilities PRO for that purpose and never had any issue with the startup apps, for example: i have set Java Update Scheduler to run at Windows startup, the app always does that and the setting has never been changed by itself.

Also, i'm a Bitdefender Total Security user on my Windows device since 2017 and never had the same issue as yours or even similar.

See if the issue persists after you uninstall Bitdefender.

Regards.

• bd_38
    Options

Thanks for the Glary recommendation.

First impression: The interface is drab, boring, and uninteresting.

Exactly like the old Russinow or Nirsoft tools.

These tools did exactly what they promised, usually at blinding speed. Glary is no exception.

They have none of the beauty, grace, or elegance of modern software, which spawn unlimited forums for breakdown assistance. Win 8, 10, and 11 are good examples.

I almost forgot. Glary fixed all my missing Startup apps 🙂

As my first attempt, I deliberately did NOT uninstall BD. So Glary won the battle.

There are dozens of other useful tools. Software Updater pointed me to a site which gave me a more up-to-date version of iTunes than the iTunes site 😯

It will probably take me a week to test all the tools.

Thanks