Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

setup and using password manager

Options
ruudjschipper
ruudjschipper setting up and using passowrd manager

I am totaly new to a password manager.

I have the 6 months trial.

Importing from chrome requirs a master password, Chrome doesnt have a password so how do i import the csv file.

I have a very long safe master pasword for the manager so now i have to type that in every time i open chrome?

Generating a safe password cant be copied into to password field. cant be copied to the site it refers to etc. Not realy a userfriendly program.

Isnt there an easy way of changing passwords to a safer one. Now i have to go to every site change the passwords manualy and than the same in password manager etc.

This will take me a month to do.

Maiby i am difficult or just not fery goor at it but i would like a managing program to help me more.

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

Here are some answers to your questions:

You can't import passwords from Chrome directly into Bitdefender Password Manager. However, you can export your passwords from Chrome to a CSV file, then import that file into Bitdefender Password Manager. To do this, follow these steps:

1) Bitdefender Password Manager will import your passwords from the CSV file.

2) Select the CSV file you exported from Chrome, and then click on "Open".

3) Select "Chrome" from the list of sources, and then click on "Choose file".

4) Click on "Data" and then on "Import data".

5) In Bitdefender Password Manager, open the Settings menu (three dots in the top left corner).

6) Save the CSV file to your computer.

7) Click on the three dots in the top right corner again, and then click on "Export passwords".

8) Click on "Passwords".

9) In Chrome, open the Settings menu (three dots in the top right corner).

You don't have to type your master password into Chrome every time you open it. Once you have imported your passwords from Chrome into Bitdefender Password Manager, you can use Bitdefender Password Manager to autofill your passwords in Chrome. This way, you only have to type your master password into Bitdefender Password Manager once, and then Bitdefender Password Manager will autofill your passwords in Chrome for you.

You can copy the generated password from Bitdefender Password Manager to the password field on a website. To do this, click on the eye icon next to the password field in Bitdefender Password Manager. This will reveal the password. You can then copy the password and paste it into the password field on the website.

There is no easy way to change all of your passwords to a safer one at once. You will need to change them one by one. However, Bitdefender Password Manager can help you with this process. Once you have imported your passwords into Bitdefender Password Manager, you can use the "Change password" feature to change your passwords to stronger ones. Bitdefender Password Manager will also generate a new password for you, so you don't have to come up with one yourself.

If you need more information, kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, you can also share your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

Just to maybe not confuse things, but it's the 3 bars on the top left-hand side for Settings.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/