Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender VPN not connecting

Options

There are times when it takes over 10, 20, or even 30 minutes before the VPN connection is secured. Is there any solution to this problem? I am running out of patience waiting for the VPN to connect.

Comments

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi @dburns10

I would contact support. Go through the How To's & Troubleshooting prompts until reach the black Contact Support box. You will have three options, Chat, email and phone support, which is not toll-free. Chat can be the quickest way to get things started. They may need to get a couple of log files from you, but they'll let you know what and when they need those.

You could also try the steps and the link from this post.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• jeUser
    Options

hi..

check if the Internet kill-switch option is enabled.

from what i observed, if this option is enabled and that the internet connection is dropped or lost, then after recovery of the internet service, VPN fails to re-connect.

i had to disable internet kill-switch option, connect VPN service, and then re-enable internet kill-switch option.

from my perspective, the option was over engineered, in such that the VPN service is not able to reconnect after internet service is recovered, without manual intervention.

i hope this helps

also, it would be great if a bitdefender vpn engineer can join this discussion.

cheers!

• Hello @jeUser and thanks for joining us here.

I've tested the scenario you have described together with my colleagues from the Suppor teams and we couldn't reproduce this behavior. The VPN connected straight away and we tested with the autoconnect feature ON and OFF.

In the event the connectivity issues cannot be resolved after checking the possible causes quoted in @Gjoksi's comment above and the steps from this support article don't help, I would also recommend contacting the Support teams for further assistance, as more details might be required for troubleshooting. This includes the following mandatory information:

• The OS on which the VPN is running
    • Central account e-mail address
    • For functionality issues while the VPN is connected, whether the problem occurs on a specific location or all locations
    • IP of the affected server
    • If using standalone VPN or VPN in BMS
    • Whether the problem occurs only on mobile data or only on wifi or present on both (preferably try multiple networks)
    • App version

Once the engineers have this information available, they can start the troubleshooting process.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• jeUser
    Options

hi @Alexandru_BD, thanks for your reply.. and am sorry for my delayed reply.. i have not experienced the issue after a few updates..

thank you..

cheers

Jeff

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @jeUser,

No worries, thank you for getting back to us with your confirmation.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user