Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

In-app password?

Options

Whenever I want to make a change to BitDefender, for example telling it that a site is safe, I need to input a password. The problem is, it seems this password is different from the one I'm using to log in my account on the web (bitdefender.com). And I don't recall setting any other passwords; i.e. this web password is the only 1 I know. So I put the web password into the app, it always say wrong password. It's frustrating. Any ideas? Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello.

It seems that "Password protection" in your Bitdefender program is enabled:

So, follow these steps:

1. Download (save) on your PC the password reset tool from here.

2. Restart Windows in Safe Mode. To do that, please follow the steps from this article.

3. In Safe Mode, right-click on the tool downloaded at step 1 and select Run as Administrator. A command prompt window will open. Wait until the Finished message appears.

4. Press any key to complete the process.

5. Restart the PC normally, and you will be able to make changes in the Bitdefender interface without being prompted for a password.

If that didn't help, uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

It will completely remove the program.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account, by following these steps:

Regards.