Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Special Offers and Product Reports

Options

I recently purchased Bitdefender Total Security and I am still trying to get used to using it. I have noticed that the toggles for disabling Settings>General "Special Offers" & Settings>Advanced "Product Reports" don't work. I have unchecked both options and each time I reopen Bitdefender they are both checked again and won't stay disabled. Every other toggle works as I'd expect.

Am I missing something?

Regards,

Baroket

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Baroket,

I've checked on my end and both options stay off when disabling them:

I would suggest running an easy repair to fix this glitch:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Baroket
    Options

Hello @Alexandru_BD

Many thanks for the reply.

I have just finished following the above to reinstall BD and it has not resolved the issue.

After installation the settings appear disabled during first use. Restarted windows and upon opening settings, the Special Offers and Product Reports are enabled again despite being unchecked at the start of installation. Set toggle to Disable, closed window, reopened window, toggles are re-enabled. I'm still experiencing the same behaviour.

Regards,

Baroket

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Baroket and thanks for following up. Considering that this is not the expected behavior and the repair did not fix the issue, I think logs are required from the machine in order to further investigate. Check the below article for instructions on how to create a debug log on your PC using the Bitdefender Support Tool:

Send the required information to the Support teams and the Bitdefender engineers will get back to you in the shortest time possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user