Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Suspicions file not getting recognized as a threat

Options

I downloaded installation file Install_0007.exe, but bitdefender didn't recognize it as a threat upon scan. However once I run it there was message:

Advanced Threat Defense
Application Install_0007.exe has been detected as potentially malicious and was blocked. 

I would like to know if Install_0007 is a malware and if so what it does?

Zip with file is attached

(attachment removed by admin)

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Only the anti-malware researchers at Bitdefender Labs can help you with the issue.

You should report the file as false negative to Bitdefender Labs here:

You could also share the VirusTotal link of the file that was not detected to the malware researchers:

Regards.

• Hello @serhii and welcome to the Community!

As per @Gjoksi's advice, the sample should be submitted to the Bitdefender Labs for analysis.

Kindly be advised I have removed the attachment from your post, in accordance with the forum rules:

• Posting malware samples and /or URLs is not allowed in the community! Do not post direct links to any executable files, malicious/suspicious software or websites in threads, comments or private messages, even if you think the software or site is clean and incorrectly detected by Bitdefender. Should you wish to report a false positive / false negative detection, head to this link and submit your findings using the dedicated form.

Thank you! 👍️

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thanks for reply!

I submitted that file to Bitdefender Labs as suggested. But still, is it possible to know what software does and possibly mitigate negative impact?  

Maybe someone knows