Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Sick to death of BitDefender, especially the VPN

Options

The following question is also affecting me, my BD VPN either disconnects, won't connect, comes up with never ending errors or blocks far too many programs. Thinking of asking for a refund on the entire suite and looking elsewhere! Some great options but far too flakey for me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for _______@______.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for _______@_______. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

With disabled Bitdefender Firewall Outlooks works normally without errors. I'm using Bitdefender Total Security on Windows 11 21H2 22000.739

I have made a rule for program C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE with permission Allow, Network Type: Any Network, any protocol, both directions. but Application access is still showing me "OUTLOOK.EXE has been blocked"

Default application behaviour is set to Block

Tagged: imapoutlook

Comments

• ukimport56
    ukimport56 Work in IT but don't know networking
    Options

This is the exact problem (same error message) I have with Outlook 365 on my Windows 10 PC. It's intermittent though. If I reboot enough times I can get my incoming email. I have left the Bitdefender Firewall settings at default; the Rules for both hxoutlook.exe and outlook.exe are "Any Network Any Both Any Any". I have Port scan protection On, Alert Mode On (I get lots of messages about various apps wanting to connect, usually Allow). I have Stealth Mode On for Local Area connection and Wi-fi (I network connect with Wi-fi). Default Application Behavior set to Automatic for all. Have been having this problem for months but only just now realized it might be Bitdefender interfering. Recently turned Advanced Threat Defense On, and Exploit detection. Any ideas? I am not knowledgable about the best way to use the firewall, any help is welcome.

Running Bitdefender Total Security Build 27.0.18.96 on Windows 10 Home v22H2 Build 19045.3324