Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is there any setting in Bitdefender Total Security that'd prevent mapped drives from being accessed?

Options

Hi, I have been running Bitdefender Total Security on my desktop and laptop without issue but today my laptop is no longer able to access mapped drives on my desktop. The only thing changed was my Verizon 5G home internet equipment, I did not modify any Windows 10 or Bitdefender settings. At this moment my desktop is able to access laptop's shared drives but not the other way around. I've checked Windows network sharing settings and everything seem to be fine, back when I was using Norton Internet Security, in order for network drives to work properly I had to add exceptions under Norton Firewall. I am wondering if there are similar settings I can check under Bitdefender Total Security? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Hello @hxj64631 and welcome to the Community! 🙂

Considering the home internet equipment has been changed, I would advise to check the Bitdefender Firewall rules.

First, disable the firewall protection temporarily and check if you can access the drives. Re-enable protection afterwards, add a rule to allow all IPs for those mapped drives and this should fix the issue. For detailed steps on how to do this, check the following article:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user