Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Anti-Tracker corrupting Chrome web page

Options
AndyW
edited September 2023 in Privacy

I'm running Windows 11 Pro 23H2 build 22631.2338 with Bitdefender 27.0.18.95 and Google Chrome 117.0.5938.89. Within Chrome, the Bitdefender Anti-Tracker extension is enabled (version 1.4.0.25). Here's a full list of the loaded extensions:

When I navigate to https://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to/grow-plants/staking-a-tree/ I see the page is corrupted with what appears to be metadata, and the video on the page appears inanimate - just like a standard photo:

If I then disable the Anti-tracker extension and use Chrome settings to clear cache and cookies

and navigate to the URL again, the page displays correctly and the video can play:

Has anybody else seen this behaviour?

Kind regards,

-Andy

Comments

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hi @AndyW

This type of issue has been posted here before, with the same solution as you came up with, disabling Anti-tracker. It has happened to me as well, so I have disabled it and replaced it with Bitdefender TrafficLight and uBlock Origin, and have had very good results in using those. You can enable the filter lists in uBlock as per your needs, and they're both free to use. edit: you could also just leave Anti-tracker enabled, and just realize you may have to disable it every now and then.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

Be safe, not paranoid.

• Thanks Scott.

I'll give your solution a go straight away.

Kind regards,

-Andy

• Hello,

I also use the Anti-Tracker extension as I find it extremely useful especially because it protects against those annoying advertising trackers.

Although sometimes the extension can affect the manner in which the pages are being displayed, this most likely happens when it blocks the essential web trackers used to monitor critical webpage functionalities.

The good news is that the extension offers a couple of customization options and it's not necessary to go to the extensions panel to disable it, if the page you are visiting is not displayed correctly. To allow trackers on the website you are currently visiting, click Pause protection on this website. This setting applies only as long you have the website open and will be reverted to the initial state when you close the website.

To determine which web tracker is interfering with the page layout, you can click the Bitdefender Anti-tracker extension on the browser toolbar, then click on each category from the list and select Disable blocking for this category:

• Advertising

• Site Analytics

• Customer Interaction

• Social Media

• Essential (most likely this is the culprit)

If the page works fine after disabling all these five categories, re-enable just one at a time in order to identify the culprit.

If the issue persists after disabling these trackers categories, re-enable all of them. Then click the cogwheel from the Bitdefender Anti-tracker extension and Add the current website to the list of Exceptions.

More useful information regarding the Bitdefender Anti-Tracker extension is available at the links below:

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user