Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

LG Simple Editor Software Install blocked

Options

I am running Windows 11 Pro, when I try to install the LG Commercial Signage program Simple Editor the zip file is expanded and Windows Install window is opened. On initiation the install is then blocked by BitDefender Antivirus, which flags 19 of the extracted files as infected and quarantined.

The install file was downloaded from the LG website for CRM signage software and I would be surprised if the 19 files are infected, as well as flagging Malicious Behaviour Blocked

A full System Scan revealed no threats detected.

Has anyone else experienced this, or can provide any advice on how to proceed as I need this software to edit LG signage Displays.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Only the anti-malware researchers at Bitdefender Labs can help you with the issue.

You should report the file(s) and/or the URL(s) as false positive to Bitdefender Labs here:

You could also folow the steps from tehse articles:

Regards.

• In addition to Gjoksi's insightful comment above, you could also uninstall Bitdefender temporarily, install the LG Simple Editor software then reinstall Bitdefender adding the recommended exceptions afterwards, if necessary. Presumably, if the system scan revealed no threats, then it could be a case of false positive and you can use the form located at the dedicated link, to submit a sample to the Bitdefender Labs for analysis.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

As far as I know, the download size of LG Simple Editor Software is approximately 300+ MB, which cannot be shared through an online forum with malware researchers due to the maximum upload size being 25MB. To address this, you can upload the sample file to Google Drive and then share the link with either @Alexandru_BD or @Mike_BD, and they will, in turn, share it with the malware research team.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)