Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender working with Malwarebytes Premium

Options

Hi folks, I know in the past there has been a controversy over using Malwarebytes with bitdefender, some say it's fine, others say not recommended. I have used the two together for about two years, since I ditched Kaspersky. A few weeks ago, on a pretty fast 2 year old computer with a SSD drive, I ran into my first problem. I was attempting to install the latest Windows 11 software and did so. For some reason, I never figured out, the computer crashed. I could not get the computer recovery to work,so I ended up having to reinstall Windows. I did so, and two days later my computer crashed again, so had to reinstall Windows again after completely wiping all data off of my drive (still reinstalling data with carbonite, over 550 G).

I never had notice of any malware from Bitdefender or Malwarebytes.  I am wondering what caused the crashes. I have read that when two antivirus programs compete for the same space to fight invading malware, it can degrade the ability of both antiviruses, then if you had only one. So two questions:

(1) Are Malwarebytes and Bitdefender a good fit together, or should I Use only one or the other. Even if I don't notice the computer slowing down or having an issue, are the abilities of the two antiviruses compromised because of the way the antivirus programs compete with each other.

(2) Could running the two antivirus programs together have caused some sort of conflict that crashed my system beyond being able to be recovered?

After reinstalling windows I did run diagnostics and everything seems good. I don't want to give up on either Bitdefender or Malwarebytes, but I will give up on one of them if I am better off than with both of them.

Has anything changed about their compatibility?

Thanks Much

Davetoo

Comments

This discussion has been closed.